Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Dad

Life has been up and down the last few weeks.  I lost my desire to be creative.  My muse has been silent.

My dad was an amazing man.  He was a simple man.  A man of few words.  But I learned to be honest, giving and kind from him.  I learned that creativity is a blessing to be nurtured and that art, of any kind, is beautiful and personal.  And I loved him with all my heart.

On October 10 dad had a heart attack and on October 13 he died.  At 56 I was suddenly reduced to a four year old child, completely consumed with the loss of my daddy.  Lost, in pain and confused.  We knew he wasn't well.  We knew his time was soon.  I thought I was prepared.  But I wasn't.  And now, nearly a month later, I'm still trying to move forward, one step at a time.

I'm feeling my muse trying to speak to me - telling me to get out and look at the world.  See the things that dad found so beautiful - the fall colored leaves, the misty mornings, the warmth of the sun.  I'm slowly pulling the curtain back - and just when I think its clear to come out, it hits me again.

But I will survive. Dad taught me that.  Life does go on.  So today I will go out and look at the world.  I will see the things he loved and I will smile.  Welcome back my muse.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think - please leave a comment and thanks for visiting!